Avocado is widely loved by a lot of people, we use it in guacamole and we love its rich and creamy taste. Let’s take avocados beyond avocado toast and dips and try these 10 new recipes.
By Mariam Elhamy
Kiwi Avocado Salad
The perfect summer salad for a light and fulfilling meal. Buy some fresh avocado and kiwi and whip this up in no time.
- 5 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- juice and zest of 1 to 2 limes (about 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine kiwi, onions, avocado, cilantro, red onion, lime juice and zest, garlic, jalapeño, and generous pinches of sea salt.
- Season to taste with additional sea salt and/or lime juice.
Creamy Avocado Smoothie
Drinking an avocado smoothie is like floating on a cloud. It’s so creamy and smooth that it feels like you’re dreaming.
- 1/2 cup cubed frozen pineapple
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach or 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk, canned or from a carton
- 3 tbsps fresh lime juice, plus 1/2 teaspoon zest
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- sea salt
- 8 ice cubes
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, optional
- Combine the pineapple, spinach, avocado, banana, coconut milk, lime juice, maple syrup, salt, ice, and protein powder, in a blender. Blend until creamy.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, add more maple syrup or honey. If the consistency is too thick, add more coconut milk, and blend again.
Baked Avocado with Smoked Salmon & Eggs
This is our dream breakfast, we just can’t get over how good this baked avocado with smoked salmon looks and we don’t mind having it every day! avocado recipes
- 3 large avocados, halved lengthways and seed removed
- 6 small eggs, egg yolks and whites separated
- smoked salmon, 3 slices, cut into pieces
- chives, finely chopped to make 1 tbsp
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- toasted dark rye bread or any preferred bread
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cut a small slice off the skin-side of the avocado halves to stop them rolling then scoop out some of the middle, add a little salmon to each and then add the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites quickly, so it’s consistent and pour in avocados as much as you can. Grind over black pepper and bake for 10 minutes, or until the whites have set.
- Scatter over the chives and a pinch of cayenne. Serve with rye bread for dunking.
Halloumi Fajitas with Avocado
Fajitas are the best, this halloumi fajita is not only vegetarian friendly, but it’s also delicious and has avocado!