Embrace your vegetarian side and give these three easy and healthy recipes by EAT-ducate, we promise you will be wiping the plate clean! vegetarian recipes
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cucumbers, cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 2 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 small onion into tiny cubes
- In a medium saucepan, add quinoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender about 10 mins. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. vegetarian recipes
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl; mix in 1/4 cup dressing. Cover remaining dressing and quinoa separately; chill if you have more than what you are going to eat.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs and onions to bowl with quinoa; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining dressing over.
- 50g green beans, sliced, or 50g asparagus, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan
- Steam the green beans or asparagus.
- Heat oil in a pan, add leeks and garlic and fry until softened. Add green beans, (or asparagus) and basil and remove the pan from the heat. vegetarian recipes
- Beat milk, eggs, salt and pepper, mix with vegetables and place in a small deep Pyrex dish. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and bake in a pre-heated oven on medium.
Poached Eggs on a Bed of Chili Spinach, Asparagus and Mushroom
- 1 tbs chili-infused olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- Handful of asparagus
- 1 cup mushrooms (halved)
- 2 eggs, poached
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Handful almonds (halved and roasted)
- In a small pan, sautée garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil. Add spinach, mushroom and asparagus and cook until golden. Plate the vegetables and top with poached eggs, grated Parmesan and almonds.vegetarian recipes
For perfect poached eggs:
Heat water in a saucepan with 1 tsp salt and 2 tsps white vinegar. Bring to a simmer. Crack egg into a small bowl. Using a long wooden spoon, stir the water in one direction to create a whirlpool. Carefully drop the egg into the center of the whirlpool and let cook for 5 mins. vegetarian recipes