Who can resist chewy, sweet, chocolaty fudge? We know for sure that we can’t and since it’s National Fudge Day it’s the perfect excuse for us to try out these easy 5 fudge recipes and indulge in the chocolate goodness.
By Mariam Elhamy
Pretzel Pecan Fudge Brownies
Crunchy, salty and sweet fudge brownies paired up with ice cream and caramel sauce sound like a dream right now and we don’t want to wake up from it.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup salted pretzels
- 2 butter sticks
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper, letting ends extend above pan. fudge recipes
- Spread nuts in the pan. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until fragrant and toasted. Remove nuts from pan; cool, and then coarsely chop.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and stir briskly until blended. Stir in flour, then 3/4 cup of the pecans. Pour into the pan. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and pretzels.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until a pick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached (don’t overbake). Remove pan and let cool then cut into squares.
Chocolate & Orange Fudge Squares
If you are a big fan of carrot cake you’re going to like this one. We are obsessed with its smooth mix of zesty orange, fudgy chocolate and vanilla topped with icing sugar.
- 200g plain chocolate, broken into cubes
- 200g brown sugar
- 175g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 eggs, separated
- 140g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 200g soft cheese (Preferably Philadelphia Extra Light)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 50g icing sugar
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas. Butter and line a baking pan.
- In a pot over medium heat mix the chocolate, sugar and butter for about 5 mins or until melted. Cool for 10 mins then beat in the egg yolks, flour, vanilla and half the orange zest. fudge recipes
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until fluffy. Stir ¼ of the whites into the chocolate mix, then carefully fold in the rest with a spoon. Pour the mix into the pan, then bake for 25 mins and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool then cut into squares.
- Beat together the cheese, vanilla, sugar and remaining zest until smooth.
- Spread over each chocolate square and serve.
Brownie Fudge Pie
This ooey-gooey dessert has a little bit for everyone, with a layer of fudgy brownie, a hint of spice with cinnamon and a pie crust for pie lovers. Perfect for an easy dinner party dessert.
- 175g plain flour
- 85g butter, cubes
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 300g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g butter, melted
- 50g plain flour
- 50g cocoa, plus extra to serve
- 50g macadamia nuts, chopped
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- Ice cream to serve