“Because I said so” One of the many annoying things our parents say to get on our nerves and just end the conversation when they know they are being unreasonable. To all the parents out there, we love you, but you can be very annoying at times. Here are 15 of the most annoying things every parent has said at one point.
By Mariam Elhamy
- “If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you do it too?” This one’s a classic and it’s been around for many generations. It’s normally played when you use the “but my friends are all going” card.
- “When you’re a parent you’ll understand” I mean, do they really think that we are going to wait until we are parents to understand their point?
- “But you love broccoli!” No mom I don’t! Stop trying to feed me things you know I’ve hated ever since I was a kid.
- “Ask your dad/mom” Can someone please stop passing off the responsibility and just give us a clear answer?
- “What do you want to eat tomorrow?” This is said right after you’ve finished your dinner and you’re so full that you can’t even think about food anymore.
- “I made pizza. Does it taste like the one you have at Pizza Hut?” No mom it never does, so can you please just save us both the awkwardness?
- “Clean your room, we’re having guests over” Why, just why will someone walk in to see my room?
- “Who is the parent here: Me or you?” You know they’re losing the argument when they pull out this one.
- “What would people say?” Who cares?? And who is so lifeless that they are so interested to nose into my life
- “It’s winter, your curfew goes up an hour” Seriously? Why does winter change anything?
- “Me: I’m hungry… Mom: There are fruits in the fridge” We don’t want fruits okay?!
- “Why can’t you be more like…?” Because I’m not them.
- “On a school day?” I’m not even in school anymore! How does that make any sense?
- “Turn that light off! I can’t see anything!” Whenever you turn the backseat light on in the car your parents scream and yell that you turn it off immediately. It’s somehow still scary.
- “I told you so!” No comment.
We are sure that there are so many other rules or phrases parents use on us just because they can but we still love them.