Being always on the go doesn’t afford us the time to enjoy a balanced and good, healthy meal. We always tend to go for the easier option and order take-out instead of investing some time to cook a healthy meal and pack it with us the next day.
But you can eliminate cooking, and take only 10-15 minutes each morning to put together a healthy salad, sandwich or even fruit box? Isn’t this much better than being stuck at work or school with a growling stomach and having to wait for an hour for your meal to be delivered?
There are a lot of creative and interesting ideas that can be put together for work. How about a salad in a jar? Or maybe a sandwich in a bowl? Yes, you read that right – you can have your sandwich ingredients in a bowl and still have the bread too, but without the hassle of wondering whether your piece of chicken will end up on your shirt.
One of the best options to fix at home is a Club Sandwich. It’s colorful, tasty, nutritious and filling. On top of that, it only takes 10 minutes to prepare, a little bit longer if you want to jazz things up a bit.
Follow these simple steps to prepare an easy yet delicious Club Sandwich:
- Get 3 slices of white toast, or brown toast if you want to cut down on calories, and toast them.
- Spread Mayonnaise or Dijon on your toast slices.
- On one slice of toast, place a slice or 2 of turkey and lettuce and place the second slice of toast. Then place tomato slices topped with the last slice of toast.
- You can add cheese, bacon, pickles and more veggies based on your preferred taste. Also you can add a small bag of chips for added flavor or some French fries.
- Pack them in a box and you are ready to go.