We know that once you get to Sa7el you want to change and head off to the beach but there are important things to check if you want a comfortable, trouble-free summer filled with great memories. We’ve created a quick summer home maintenance checklist for you to check off.
By Mariam Elhamy
1. Repair and repaint any chipped, cracking or faded exterior paint. Besides improving your home’s appeal, it will also help protect it from moisture.
2. Inspect foundation for cracks and pipes for leaks. Foundation cracks can be an entry point for groundwater and insects. summer home checklist
3. Get air conditioners checked, serviced and filters cleaned. Regular AC maintenance can extend its life and reduce the need for costly AC repairs. Your filters should look this clean.
4. Inspect electrical cords and wires for wear.
5. Clean and reseal your deck. If you have a wooden deck, balcony or fence, resealing and repainting will help prevent any wood from splitting, graying or cracking.
6. Clean out faucets and sinkholes to eliminate clogging mineral deposits, rust and debris. Simply unscrew the end of the faucet with pliers, flush out the debris and clean thoroughly then place back. summer home checklist
7. Clean your washing machine. Want your laundry to be crispy clean? Wash your machine in 3 steps:
- Spray the washer drum and the rubber gaskets with vinegar and wipe them off.
- Pour 2 cups of vinegar, half a cup of soda in the washing machine and run it on its longest cycle on the hottest temperature.
- When it’s done, leave the door open and let it dry out.
8. Make sure your ceiling fan runs anticlockwise. This forces the air downwards creating a cooling effect. summer home checklist
9. Clean and Prep Your Grill for Backyard BBQs. Clean and test your grill to make sure it’s ready for burgers and hot dogs season. BBQ Essentials for Sa7el
10. If you have a pool, inspect and clean its filters. You’ll have to check and change valves and filters, inspect all its equipment and treat the water. You could hire a pool service to get the job done.