Are you guilty of overdosing on sugar and desserts during the month of Ramadan? Time to cut down on sugar by eating more fresh fruits and vegetables just in time for summer. Cooking meals at home can and reduce your intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates; salads are also a great way to have an abundance of fibers, vitamins and greens in your system.
Here are some tips you need to do during summer to increase your water intake:
- Drink plenty of water, at least 10 glasses.
- Eat salads that contain plenty of hydrating cucumber and tomato.
- Try to avoid caffeinated drinks such as coffee, tea and cola, or limit them to only one per day.
- Consume food rich in water such as soup or fresh salads.
- Eat water-rich fruits, like watermelon.
- Avoid the sun when temperatures are high.
Try one of Crave’s signature salads at home, to stay fresh and beat the heat.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- I large bunch baby arugula
- 1 cup colored bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Combine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add mushrooms, colored bell peppers and arugula; toss gently to coat. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.