Why is it that summer skincare comes so naturally to us, but when winter edges in we tend to let things slip? As the weather cools, the crisp air can drain the moisture from your skin, making it dry and itchy. Try these tips to keep a winter glow.
1. Avoid hot water. Lukewarm water is much kinder to your skin. After showering, apply a moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides to prevent your skin from becoming dry.
2. Keep your skin hydrated. Drink plenty of water, and consider using a humidifier to maintain the moisture level in your home. Switch to milder, gentle cleansers that don’t strip the natural moisture barrier from your skin.
3. Avoid peels during winter, and reduce products that exfoliate to once a week at the most.
4. Apply a rich moisturizing cream before you sleep. Remember that it will absorb a lot better if used on slightly damp skin. Keep lips from drying and chapping with a protective lipstick or balm.
5. Use a moisturizing body wash when you shower. Hands and feet also need special attention, be generous with a nutrient-laden moisturizer.