When the traditional beef recipes get old and you have no idea what to cook for the day, try out Nuwa’s Stir Fried Beef recipe with delicious Asian BBQ sauce!
- 400g top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow zucchini, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 pack mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
- 3 tablespoons oil to be used 1 tablespoon at a time
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Asian BBQ Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons original BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Stir together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy pan or wok over high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is hot, add beef in a single layer and sauté undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. Stir and sauté for another 2 minutes or until nearly cooked through. Season lightly with salt and pepper; add ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Drizzle beef with around half the sauce (to taste) and stir-fry another 1 minute or until beef is fully cooked through. Remove beef to a plate and cover to keep warm. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Place clean pan over high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Once oil is hot, add mushrooms, season lightly with salt and pepper and stir fry until golden (around 5 minutes). Transfer mushrooms to the plate with beef.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil along with onion and veggies and stir fry about 8 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Combine vegetables with beef and mushrooms, drizzle in more sauce to taste and stir fry just until hot. Serve over steamed white rice. .
Check out more recipes for delicious meals from this link!