Dive into this shrimp goodness with your fork and enjoy the explosion flavors of this Curry dish. Recipe sent by Nuwa located in Capital Business Park in Sheikh Zayed.
- 8 lime wedges for garnish
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced eggplant (1/2-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 to 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste, depending on desired degree of heat
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves, or 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp nam pla
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup shrimp/fish stock or bottled clam juice
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp peeled & deveined
1. In a wok or large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, onions and bell pepper and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the curry paste, lime leaves, and fish sauce, and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds.
3. Add the coconut milk and shrimp stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of Thai basil and remove from heat.
4. Season to taste with salt. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup Thai basil. Serve with rice and lime wedges.