This season’s color palette is all about darker hues and pretty neutrals to keep the attention on your outfit!
Want to go more on the creative side? Here are 4 looks that debuted on the runways guaranteed to give your nails an edgy look!
NAILS & HEALTH
Paleness: Very pale nails can be a sign of anemia, heart issues, liver disease, or malnutrition.
Whiteness: White nail with dark tips can indicate liver problems.
Yellowing: This could indicate a fungal infection or a severe thyroid problem, lung disease or diabetes.
Blue: Bluish nails indicate a lung problem such as emphysema or a circulation issue in which the body is not getting enough oxygen.
Pitted or rippled nails: This could be an early sign of psoriasis or arthritis.
Cracking and splitting: Frequent hand washing is the most common cause of nail splitting, however, dry and brittle nails could be linked to thyroid disease, tuberculosis, or malnutrition. If combined with yellowing, it is more like a fungal infection.
Dark lines: Any dark lines under the nail should be looked at by a doctor immediately as they could indicate melanoma, a type of skin cancer.
10 WAYS TO AVOID NAIL PROBLEMS
- Take in your own kit when visiting the nail salon and avoid soaking feet
- Wear kitchen gloves when washing the dishes or cleaning with harsh chemicals
- Avoid handling strong soaps and detergents
- Don’t clean under your nails too often or too roughly
- Avoid pushing back your cuticles
- Don’t bite your nails
- Avoid smoking
- Moisturize your hands, nails and cuticles frequently
- Don’t share towels, always dry yourself thoroughly after bathing (particularly between the toes), and wear flip-flops in communal areas such as the gym or swimming pool
- Make sure your shoes fit well and have plenty of room for air movement