Perfectly crisp and golden on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside, topped with the perfect combo of warm and thick white chocolate sauce, drizzled over with a batch of juicy red and blue berries… enticed yet? Win someone’s heart this Valentine’s with these heavenly white chocolate waffles topped with mixed berries, courtesy of Crave.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 120 grams (½ cup) butter – melted
- 2 large eggs
- 125 grams (1 cup) fresh berries
- White chocolate sauce
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk ingredients together and then whisk in buttermilk and melted butter and eggs.
- Heat waffle maker as per manufacturer’s instructions while letting the batter rest in the fridge for about 10 minutes, for the perfect tender interior and crispy exterior. Once hot and ready to go, spoon mixture onto waffle plates and cook.
- For the final touch, garnish the waffles with the fresh berries and white chocolate sauce.
White Chocolate Sauce
- 250 grams white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup half and half or light cream
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Heat the cream on the stovetop in small pot.
- Once it starts to boil, remove from heat and add the butter and chocolate.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Browse more recipes here
More about Crave on Instagram