Let’s celebrate cooler days and treat ourselves to two desserts in one! The Lotus Konafa Bomb with cheese recipe from Crave is a combination of rich oriental konafa and the decadent Lotus Biscoff. Lotus Konafa Bomb
- 1 scoop of Lotus Biscoff ice cream
- 1/5 cup of pistachio
For the crust:
- 125g Lotus Biscoff cookies
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
For the filling:
- 50g Lotus Biscoff cookie spread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded or cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml water
For the konafa topping:
- 125g shredded konafa dough, fresh or frozen. If using fresh, freeze for an hour for easier cutting. If using frozen, thaw slightly
- 1/3 cup melted ghee (or clarified butter)
- Orange food coloring, powdered or liquid (optional)
For the caramel-Lotus Biscoff sauce:
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp water
- 1 large tbsp of Lotus Biscoff spread
- Preheat oven to 190 °C.
- For the Crust: In a food processor or a ziplock bag crush the Lotus Biscoff cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into the sides and bottom of a 12cm round cake pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- For the filling: Stir together the mozzarella cheese, Ricotta cheese, sugar, and water. In a large bowl beat the cheeses, vanilla extract and Lotus Biscoff cookie spread until soft and smooth.
- Take the crust out of the refrigerator, pour the cheese mix into the pan, and freeze for 30 minutes.
- For the konafa topping: Make sure to thaw the shredded konafa dough before using. Transfer it to a large bowl, then using your hands, begin pulling the strands apart, breaking them into smaller and smaller pieces until the dough is completely shredded. Lotus Konafa Bomb
- Pour the melted ghee and a few drops of food coloring (if using) over the shredded konafa dough and mix in with your hands until butter and food coloring are evenly distributed. It is best to use a pair of latex gloves so your hands don’t get coloring on them.
- Once done, take the cake pan out of the freezer and cover the filling with the konafa dough, making sure to cover the edges first to seal the cheese and prevent it from leaking during baking.
- For the baking: Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- For the caramel Lotus sauce: Gently heat the Lotus Biscoff spread in a pan over low heat.
- Combine all other ingredients (milk, water, butter, brown sugar) in the pan and stir gently until it reaches a thick, creamy consistency (5 to 9 minutes). Keep in mind it thickens more as it cools. Lotus Konafa Bomb
- Finishing: Once baked, remove the Lotus konafa bomb from the oven and carefully put onto a serving tray or plate. Gently lift the cake pan away from it.
- Top off with the pistachio and Lotus Biscoff caramel sauce.
- Serve with a scoop of Lotus Biscoff ice cream on the side… and voila! The best treat to indulge in this October!