Veganism is on the rise in Cairo, and Lokali gives the people what they need! Check out this super easy recipe for vegan pasta dough and an accompanying sauce. Yum, yum! Note: This recipe makes three portions.
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g semolina flour
- 3 g salt
- 110 g water (or 2 large eggs for non-vegan option)
- Sift the flour and semolina; add salt and water (or eggs for non-vegan option).
- Put in food processor and mix for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it forms a ball.
- Let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, then roll out by hand or with a pasta machine.
- Let it dry overnight, then store, or cook immediately.
Chop garlic, onion, eggplant and zucchini and sauté in olive oil. Add home-made tomato salsa before tossing into the freshly cooked pasta. Garnish with chopped fresh basil and chopped walnuts.