Makarona and Pané is a dish that we all know and love, it just hits different especially after being in the water all day. But if you’ve had enough and you’re feeling too lazy to cook but want to switch it up, here are 8 recipes that will make you run to the nearest kitchen to try them out! easy recipes
By Karen Emad
Baked Feta Pasta
If you have TikTok, you’ve probably seen people making this a million times. Admit it though, you were too lazy to do it. Now’s the perfect time to try it out yourself!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 block feta
- 3 sprigs thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°. In a large ovenproof skillet, combine tomatoes, shallot, garlic, and most of the olive oil. Season with salt and red pepper flakes and toss to combine.
- Place feta into center of tomato mixture and drizzle top with remaining olive oil. Scatter thyme over tomatoes. Bake for 40 to 45 mins, until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining. easy recipes
- Add pasta, reserved pasta water, and lemon zest to the feta and tomato mix in the skillet and stir until completely combined. Garnish with basil before serving.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
This recipe is the perfect way to get your protein and greens at the same time! That way you’ll have a healthy and filling dinner in less than 30 minutes.
- flank steak thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp vegetable oil (divided use)
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth or water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and cook until tender. Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 sec more then remove.
- Wipe the pan clean and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tbsp of oil.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and add in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 mins on each side until cooked through. Add the broccoli mixture and cook for 2 more mins.
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, beef broth, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tbsp of cold water. easy recipes
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the beef and vegetables; cook for 30 sec. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more min or until sauce has just started to thicken.
One Pan Chicken Bruschetta
Since we’re all obsessed with cheese (as we should), this chicken Bruschetta is a must-try!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella thinly sliced
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium in a skillet. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the hot skillet and cook until well-browned and cooked through, about 4-6 mins per side. Add garlic and vinegar and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant about 1-2 mins. easy recipes
- Add mozzarella slices over each chicken breast, and cover for 1-2 min to melt.
- Scoop up the balsamic sauce from the pan and drizzle over the chicken and melted cheese, then add the tomatoes. Serve and garnish with freshly sliced basil.
Pepperoni Pizza Puff Pastry
Instead of ordering pizza every night, why not try to make this mouth-watering pepperoni pizza puff pastry in only 25 minutes? You won’t regret it!
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup tomato or marinara sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup freshly grated fontina cheese
- mini pepperoni
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 218° C. Place puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with paper.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over top, sprinkle the herbs and garlic, cover with the fontina and mini pepperoni. Bake for 20 to 25 min, or until super puffed and the cheese is golden.
- Cover with parmesan and cut each pastry into 9 slices. Serve!
Peanut Noodles with Roasted Broccoli
Peanut butter and noodles may sound like a weird combo but we’re pretty sure your taste buds will disagree. To all the college students that live off noodles, this is your new go-to recipe to spice it up a bit!
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 3 green onions
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 218°C. Place the broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Roast for 15 to 20 min, until slightly charred.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the directions (about 3 mins) then drain well.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the sesame oil over medium-low heat. Add in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min. Stir in the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, chili garlic sauce, lime juice and honey. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Add the noodles to the sauce. Toss in red peppers, green onions, peanuts, cilantro and roasted broccoli. Toss everything well and serve immediately.
Spicy Shrimp Tacos
All Mexican-food lovers listen up. This Shrimp Taco recipe will have you wanting to eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s just that delicious!
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
For Spice Mix:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Peeled shrimp
- 2-3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 8 small tortillas
- Avocados and lime wedges for serving
- Pulse all the sauce ingredients in a food processor until mostly smooth.
- Toss some of the sauce (not all) with the cabbage.
- Toss the shrimp in a small bowl with the spice mix to get it coated. Heat a drizzle of oil on a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and sauté for 5-8 mins, flipping occasionally, until the shrimps are cooked through.
- Serve with leftover sauce, smashed avocados and lime wedges.
Cashew Crunch Salad with Sesame Dressing
If you’re on a strict diet, we totally recommend this tasty salad that will keep you full and satisfy your craving. easy recipes
For the salad:
- ½ green cabbage (finely shredded)
- ½ purple cabbage (finely shredded)
- 2 cups carrots (shredded)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups cooked edamame
- 1-2 cup roasted cashews
- 2 cups noodles
- chicken, shrimp or any protein
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- garlic powder
- Shake the dressing ingredients up in a jar until smooth.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together. Drizzle with dressing and serve!
Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon
Last but not least, we decided to include this fancy yet simple salmon recipe that will be ready to eat in no time!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp oil. When oil is hot, add salmon skin-side up and season with salt and pepper. Cook until deeply golden, about 6 mins, then flip over and add remaining oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add the honey mixture and lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3.
- Baste salmon with the sauce. Garnish with sliced lemon and serve. easy recipes