Drowning under a pile of things you rarely use, and don’t need? Meet Alia Malek, Egypt’s very own Marie Kondo. With a wave of her magic wand (a.k.a two highly efficient staff), Alia can rid you of all the mental and physical baggage that comes with living in a cluttered and overfilled space. De-cluttering with Alia Malek
Alia claims that de-cluttering made such a massive impact on her life, she was inspired to set up the service to give others the same benefit. She ran us through the process, and it seems as easy as 1-2-3!
The Clutter Free Service
- A home visit with Alia and her team, where she helps the client decide what should stay and what should go.
- Lifestyle consultation: organizes a plan that really works for the client.
- Sets a system to help the client live more efficiently with items they actually need.
Top 7 Items Cluttering Your Home
Clothes, books, papers, remotes, cables (who doesn’t have a box full of cables that don’t seem to go with anything?), kitchen utensils, and decorative items.
5 De-Cluttering Tips
- Fold your clothes vertically and stack them vertically to save space.
- Much like the Marie Kondo method, Alia’s system usually includes creating a space, usually a box or container for every item in your home. Nothing should be left lying around with no purpose.
- Store everything in labeled drawers, storage boxes or baskets to help keep everything in order.
- De-clutter by category rather than location.
- Discard anything that doesn’t bring you joy or doesn’t make you feel good, keep items that you absolutely love!
4 Mistakes to Avoid
- Sentimental things are the hardest to go through, so always leave it until the end.
- Giving up halfway.
- Tackling a whole room without a place to put the things you still need.
- Don’t consider that you are wasting money by ridding yourself of items. You should be able to get much more use out of the things you really love and keep.
A clutter-free lifestyle is something to embrace, and once tried there will be no go back. For ideas on how to recycle and donate your unwanted items, check out our suggestions here. Someone can surely make good use of them! De-cluttering with Alia Malek