We bet you’ve heard about how healthy quinoa is, it’s basically a super-food that is gluten free, high in protein, fibers, vitamins and minerals and works as an antioxidant that improves digestion and aids weight loss. We’ve picked out a delicious healthy quinoa salad that will satisfy your hunger and give you all the nutrition your body needs.
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups quartered grape or cherry tomatoes (from about 1 1/2 pints)
- 4 cups mixed leaves
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. After cooking, allow to cool, then fluff with a fork. (If serving as a warm, main-dish salad, allow to cool just enough that the basil and greens won’t wilt when added and the cheese won’t melt.)
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, tomatoes, mixed leaves, chicken, basil, Parmesan, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Pour over quinoa mixture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, until serving.