Lotus flavor in all its forms has become big over the past couple of years! From Lotus ice cream to Lotus latté, Lotus cakes to Lotus brownies. It’s all been done to cater to an ever-growing demand for the rich, comforting Lotus cookie taste. No wanting to ignore the trend, we have come up with our own ode to Lotus: Lotus Pancakes! What can be better for the coming fall months’ cooler breezes and chilly mornings?
- 2 cups flour
- 1 sachet baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 150 ml yoghurt
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
For the Lotus syrup:
- ¼ cup Lotus Cookie Butter
- ¼ cup milk
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl place the eggs, milk and yoghurt and beat well.
- Add the egg batter to the flour mixture and mix with a spoon until smooth. Add the melted butter and mix until it is absorbed.
- Heat a ceramic frying pan over a low fire until the pan is very hot.
- Pour ½ a cup of mixture onto the center of the pan using a ladle and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on the upper part of the pancake.
- Turn with the help of a kitchen spoon and cook the other side for approximately another minute. Remove to a serving dish and form a pile to maintain the heat of the pancakes.
- Add Lotus Cookie Butter and milk in a bowl and heat in a microwave for a short time (5 seconds).
- Mix well until you get a liquid mixture.
- Pour over the pancakes and serve while still hot.
- Add caramel and Lotus biscuit for garnish.