The entire world has gone through rather frustrating times during the past few months, all of us searching for ways to relieve the stress. If you find comfort in chocolate, we’re with you. Chocolate has uplifting components, let’s take a look.
It’s quite an amazing fact, but chocolate contains over 300 chemicals including antioxidants like polyphenols and flavonoids, vitamins and minerals, including vitamins E, C, A and B1, B2, B3, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron. In addition, as counterintuitive as this sounds, cocoa contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay!
Chocolate can create calm, it has anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects, it might extend life, improve heart health and slow the cognitive decline experienced as we age. It appears that chocolate may be less of a food and more of a drug!
Crave offered us a yummy recipe for a coconut chocolate frappe. In addition to chocolate’s miraculous mood-lifting effects, coconut helps in relieving symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and providing extra energy. So why not give this drink a try at home? And don’t forget to spread the happiness and share it with a friend or loved one!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Whipping cream for topping (optional)
- In a small cup take the sugar, shredded coconut, chocolate chips and cocoa powder and pour over about 2 tablespoons of hot but not boiling milk if needed add more. Mix until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- In a blender, blend the milk and chocolate, add crushed ice, and blend on high speed until the chocolate becomes frothy.
- Pour it in a tall glass and topped with whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Enjoy!