We all agree that nothing like meat could satisfy the carnivore within so for carnivores and meat lovers, this easy recipe by Crave can be prepared by anyone in the family in just 3 steps!
Beef Fillet with Three Sauces (pepper, mushroom, and blue cheese)
Step 1. Beef Marinade
- The day before, or at least a few hours before cooking, put the fillet into a sealable sandwich bag.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar into the bag, then add 2 heaped teaspoons of French mustard.
- Pick and finely chop 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, then add to the bag, along with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Squeeze the air out of the bag, seal it, then spend a few minutes really massaging all the flavors into the meat. Leave in the fridge for at least a few hours, preferably overnight.
Step 2. Grilling the Steak
- About 1½ hours before you’re ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge and place in a cool corner of the kitchen to slowly come up to room temperature.
- Heat your grill to high, brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks and cook until golden brown and slightly charred for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 57oC), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (an internal temperature of 60oC) or 8 to 10 mins for medium-well (65oC)
Step 3. Sauce Preparation
- Pepper Sauce:
- In the same pan, add a tablespoon of vinegar and simmer rapidly for 1 minute.
- Add beef broth/stock, and simmer rapidly until it reduces by half.
- Stir through cream and crushed peppercorns. Serve over steak!
- Mushroom Sauce
- In the same pan melt a large knob of butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and leisurely cook until golden brown for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Just before they’re done add a tablespoon of minced garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper, cook until garlic is golden.
- Add broth, cream and grated Parmesan. Stir then lower heat to medium.
- Stir occasionally and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until it thickens. Serve over steak!
- Blue Cheese Sauce
- Blend together blue cheese, buttermilk, sour cream, garlic clove, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, ground mustard powder, and salt.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes for flavors to blend
- Serve over steak and garnish with additional crumbled blue cheese!