Pamper your mom with a luxury meal, this Salmon Teriyaki with Glass Noodles recipe by Crave is the perfect way to do just that!
- 4 salmon fillets
- ¾ cup teriyaki sauce
- Pour the teriyaki sauce into a large resealable plastic bag. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Go the extra mile for your mom and make your own teriyaki sauce with the following ingredients to taste: soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, white vinegar, garlic, and ginger.
- A pack of glass noodles
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 medium red or white onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced mixed vegetables of your choice (carrots, spinach, mushroom, baby corn, colored peppers)
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce, or more as needed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the noodles until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and rinse well to remove any excess starch. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, onion and salt. Cook while stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and cook until they are tender and caramelizing on the edges, stirring every minute or two.
- Once the vegetables are done, add the noodles and ½ cup teriyaki sauce to the pan. Stir to combine, and cook just until the ingredients are all warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Add toasted sesame oil, to taste then add the sesame seeds.
- Serve the noodles next to the Salmon fillet with sliced green onion and a little sprinkle of sesame seeds on top.