Nothing beats sandwiches for a beach lifestyle. And this Crave recipe just has to be one of the best! Try out this fresh, hot and spicy Chicken Chimichurri Sandwich.
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (can sub 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Finely chop the parsley, fresh oregano, and garlic (or process in a food processor several pulses), and place in a small bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Adjust seasonings.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Bunch of rucola
- Provolone cheese, sliced
- I large tomato, sliced
- Sandwich buns
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with about 1/2 cup of chimichurri. Let the chicken marinate for about 10 minutes while your grill heats up.
- Once preheated, grill the chicken breasts for 6 to 8 minutes per side, depending on their size, or until fully cooked.
- Once grilled, allow the chicken to rest for about 4 to 5 minutes before placing it in the sandwich bun.
- Use readymade guacamole, or make your own.
- Slice ciabatta bread into halves and fill with Provolone cheese and melt in microwave or toaster.
- Add the chimichurri grilled chicken to the sandwich with extra chimichurri on top, based on preference.
- Add ruccola and sliced tomato and serve with fries