Beards are back and don’t they look great? Anything goes, from goatees to long, luxuriant masses. But, like any hair, they have to be carefully maintained to look their best. So, gentlemen, are you ready to jump on the bandwagon? Leading Cairo hairdresser Zakaria tells us how to make the most of this manly feature.
- Have a professional trim every two weeks.
- Avoid ammonia based dyes; they can cause sensitive skin to break out in a rash.
- Have a full beard blowout for special occasions.
- Comb your beard daily with a gentle brush, and apply alcohol-free wax.
- Don’t wash daily, it will dry your beard out.
- Apply a moisturizing mask every three days, but avoid contact with the skin.
- Avoid using beard oils. They trap dirt in polluted environments and cause hair loss.
A total look:
Hair styles must complement the beard, they go hand in hand. Styling of the hair with the beard always depends on face shapes. For example, with round faces try to maintain a trimmed look from the top and keep the beard short in length.
Flatter your face:
- Round face: Accent your cheekbones with an angled shave.
- Square jawline: Shave or trim with sharp, precise lines near your cheekbones. Keep your beard short on the sides and fuller on your chin to take advantage of your square jawline.
- Oval face: Feel free to go with any style you like. You can pull it off!
Also read: Style Spotlight: Hair & Beards