By Sara Saba
Even with the most diligent sun protection and skin routine, your skin becomes exhausted after spending hours in the sun. Are you paying the price with dry, dull and damaged skin? Here are some steps for kickstarting your skin’s detoxing and healing process ahead of the cooler weather.
- Deep clean your skin and pores by visiting your skin therapist or following a DIY process at home. You must exfoliate deeply to remove all the dead skin, dirt and oils that have accumulated during summer.
- Go wild with moisturizing. Hydrate your skin day and night as much as possible, including the face, neck and chest. Chlorine, salty water and UV rays can dry out your skin.
- When your tan begins to fade, you may notice some damage, freckles, dark spots or uneven skin tone. Visit your dermatologist to consider options like peeling or using a spot corrector.
- Don’t give up on sunscreen or antioxidants! Just because summer is over doesn’t mean you stop using broad spectrum SPF. Egypt is bright and sunny all year around.
- Exfoliate weekly as it is essential for removing dead skin and keeps you feeling radiant and smooth. Make sure to use a gentle facial exfoliant, and check with your skin therapist first in case you have really sensitive skin and can’t handle exfoliation.
- Since our lips lack melanin, they are susceptible to sunburns and require extra care. Use lip scrubs to remove flaky skin and provide real hydration. You can use coconut oil, sweet almond oil or any lip balms with vitamin E or preferably a lip treatment that contains SPF to prevent sun damage.
Glow with Sarah
Skinova Clinic Twin Towers Rivulet Sheikh Zayed
Tel: 0122 215 6051