6 quick tips to help guide you with home exercises and ensure you don’t feel dehydrated during long fasting days.
- Ensure adequate water intake during a workout and between iftar and sohour to avoid dehydration. Also, make sure that you exercise under neutral thermal conditions.
- Aerobic training could be done either immediately before or at least 2 hours after iftar.
- Aerobic training sessions before iftar should not exceed 30 minutes. This could be increased to 1 hour after
- Weight training is better practiced after iftar due to the decrease in motor coordination and alertness during fasting. You have to wait for at least 2 hours before exercising.
- Weight training sessions should be 45 minutes to a maximum of one hour.
- Training intensity should be kept to moderate to moderately high for highly-conditioned individuals. Also, training frequency should be decreased to allow better recovery.
Check out more wellbeing related articles from this link