Taking you from Summer into Winter
It is the time of the year where you spend most of your time staring at your wardrobe wondering what you’ll wear because you don’t know if it’ll be warm or chilly outside. You want to start getting into the blanket-sofa-hot chocolate mood but cannot let go of the ice cold drinks and the shorts yet.
Cherry Berry Chai
Crave has put together the perfect fall drink for you, the Cherry Berry Chai. A mix of summery fruits and wintery teas in a, mouthwatering cold glass with a little hint of cinnamon; perfect for the fall.
- Earl Grey tea
- Chai flavored tea
- Raspberry chai tea
- Mixed berry tea bags – 4
- Water – 6 cups
- Honey, according to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Ice cubes
- Sliced ginger – 2 tbsp
- Fresh mint leaves – 4 tbsp
- Lemon slices – 4-5
Cherry Berry Chai is not only delicious, colorful and refreshing, but also quite nutritious. Cherries are a great source of vitamin A, full of antioxidants to help improve immunity and heart health and also reduce cholesterol. Raspberries, another vital ingredient used in the drink, are surprisingly a very strong fat burner that helps take care of the skin. Earl Grey tea is not like any other tea, it reduces stress, helps relieve toothaches and helps lower the risk of heart disease.
Here is how to make an easy Cherry Berry Chai at home:
- Boil water. Pour boiled water into a pitcher and seep tea bags for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags. Chill covered for about 1-2 hours, or until cold.
- Stir in honey and lemon juice.
- Add mint, lemon slices and ginger slices to pitcher, and keep in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Add ice cubes to the serving glass and pour tea ice.