Summer may be saying “see ya later!”, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still taste it at home! Check out this zesty refreshing salad courtesy of Yellow Moon, and enjoy the flavors of summer for the rest of the month.
• 280 g (2 cups) fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined
• 350 g (2 ½ cups) cucumber, julienned
• 100 g (1/3 cup) carrots, shredded
• 50 g (a little less than ½ cup) white onions, julienned
• 7 g (2 ¼ teaspoons) white vinegar
• 30 g (2 tablespoons) white sugar
• 7 g (2 ¼ teaspoons) minced garlic
• 150 g (1 to 1 ½ cup) mango, julienned
• 3 g (1/3 teaspoon) salt
• 2 g (½ teaspoon) orange zest
• 2 g (½ teaspoon) lemon zest
• 2 g (½ teaspoon) sesame seeds
In a bowl combine cucumber, carrots, onions and salt. Mix well and leave in fridge for 7 to 10 minutes maximum. Remove bowl from fridge and add sugar, garlic and vinegar and mix well until sugar dissolves. Add mango, orange zest and sesame seeds to mixing bowl. In a sauté pan, stir fry the shrimp with a dash of your favorite oil. Remove and let cool then place in salad mixing bowl with rest of ingredients. Mix well and enjoy.
* Please note that we have approximated the cup, teaspoon
and tablespoon measurements for those of you who do
not have measuring tools. If you have measuring tools then
please follow the gram measurements as they come directly
from the chef.