Enjoy this healthy delicious Quinoa Salad, courtesy of Ted’s!
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
¾ cup chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
½ teaspoon fine sea salt and black pepper
- Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan, cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 15 minutes.
- Combine the chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, onion and parsley in a large serving bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt
- Once the quinoa is mostly cool, add it to the serving bowl, and drizzle the dressing on top.
- Let the salad rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
This salad keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 4 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.