On Smoothies, Hydrating In The Heat & A Bit About Our New Mocktails & Coffee Range
At Crave, we’ve been working hard over the past few months to come up with a hardcore delicious mocktails and coffee range to shake things up a bit. Last month, we previewed our spectacular new beverages to select members of the media at our Cairo Festival City branch. Featuring a wide collection of smoothies, mocktails, coffee shakes and juices with a twist, the new beverages menu contains over 40 drinks to suit everyone’s tastes. Each drink has been mixed, named and presented with extreme attention to detail; from the carafes, glasses and drinking jars used all the way to cherries and cotton candy garnish.
Knowing how to make the perfect smoothie is not as easy as you think but it’s not impossible either. There’s no better way than to learn how to make your own smoothie at home with the ingredients you desire, making sure it’s only packed with natural sugars if any.
Follow these simple steps to help you obtain a healthy and refreshing smoothie:
1) First, the base. You need to have 1-2 cups of liquid as your base to set the way for your smoothie. It all depends on your caloric intake whether you want to cut down the sugar intake or not. Some of the healthy and low fat options include water, soy/coconut milk or yoghurt. Other creamier and richer options include full cream milk or fruit juice.
2) Second, you add the fruit/vegetable preferred. Among the most popular ones and highly recommended are bananas, strawberries, peaches, and mangoes.
3) Third, give your smoothie that special kick by adding a special extra ingredient that will add both density and flavor to your smoothie. Some of those special extras include: honey, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla extracts, ice cream, peanut butter, oats and many more.
4) Fourth, the ice. If you have more fresh fruit/vegetables than frozen ones, you will need to add more ice to give it a cooler temperature and thicker texture (5 – 6 cubes of ice should do but that depends on your preference of how cold you want it to be). If you have more frozen fruits/vegetables, you won’t need as much ice (1 – 2 cubes of ice should do).
5) Finally, blend, blend and BLEND! You will need to blend your ingredients until all the components are completely liquefied and are freely moving throughout your blender from top to bottom.
You are now ready to enjoy your filling, refreshing and healthy homemade smoothie.