Why go to the trouble of making homemade bread? It is easy to whip up using higher quality ingredients, can be adjusted to meet dietary needs and preferences and is free of preservatives. And, best of all, it tastes amazing! Check out Mamushka’s simple recipe below and let us know what you think!
- 150 g white flour
- 300 g whole wheat flour
- 7 g salt
- 20 g molasses
- 15 g lemon juice
- 15 g yeast
- 250 g water
- Mix all dry ingredients, white flour, whole wheat flour, salt and yeast. Make sure that the yeast is followed by the salt.
- Add the molasses, lemon juice and water to mixture. Knead for 15 minutes to develop dough.
- Let it rest until doubled in size. Punch dough to release air.
- Portion dough into two loaves of 400g each. Let it prove until it doubles in size.
- Bake in a pre-heated 200 degree Celsius oven. Bake bread for 20 to 25 minutes until internal temperature reaches 92 degrees.