The pace of today’s lifestyle runs super fast. We find ourselves always on the go and rarely have time to enjoy a balanced, healthy meal. It is quicker to go for the easy option and order fast-food instead of investing some time in preparing a healthy meal to pack and take with us for lunch.
Putting together a healthy salad, sandwich or even a fruit platter, can take only 10 to 15 minutes each morning. This beats being stuck at work or school with a growling stomach and having to wait an hour for your meal to be delivered.
There are a lot of creative and interesting ideas that can be put together for work. How about a salad in a jar? Or, maybe a sandwich in a bowl? Yes, you read that right – you can have your sandwich ingredients in a bowl and still have the bread too, but without the hassle of the sandwich falling apart.
One of the best options to fix at home is a Club Sandwich. It’s colorful, tasty, nutritious and filling. On top of that, it only takes 10 minutes to prepare, a little bit longer if you want to jazz things up.
Follow these simple steps to prepare an easy-yet-delicious Club Sandwich:
1) Place a slice or 2 slices of beef bacon in a frying pan over medium high until evenly cooked then take them out and leave them to cool down.
2) Toast 3 slices of white toast bread, or brown toast if you want to cut down on calories.
3) Spread mayonnaise or Dijon mustard on your toast slices.
4) On one slice of toast, place one or two slices of turkey and lettuce and place the second slice of toast. Then layer the beef bacon and tomato topped with the last slice of toast.
5) You can add cheese, pickles and more veggies, based on your preferences, you can accompany your sandwich with a small bag of chips or veggie sticks; try carrot or cucumber.
6) Pack them in a box and you are ready to go.