Digital Reporter – Cairo West
To keep up to date with topics of interest, key persons in Egyptian society, and trending material that would suit the Cairo West digital platform and social media channels in line with the established brand and image of our publications. Research, pitches, and planning of digital content is required on a daily basis in coordination with the Managing Editor to ensure that the digital platform is up-to-date and in competition with other publications.
Attendance of selected and key events is required for live coverage and additional reporting as requested by supervisor.
The Digital Reporter reports directly to the Managing Editor and liaises with PR & Digital Marketing to schedule content and social media posts. This is a full-time position, and attendance of weekly editorial meetings is required.
- Researching and staying up-to-date on relevant topics happening in Cairo and the wider region for Cairo West’s digital platform.
- Writing copy for Cairo West’s digital platform on a daily basis, according to agreed upon pitches and stories of interest.
- Interviewing persons of interest and covering stories and events off-site as required.
- Attending events as required by Managing Editor and collecting both written material and photos/video for digital and social media platforms.
- Drafting captions for social media posts in Cairo West’s established tone and voice.
- Working knowledge of social media management pages
- Working knowledge of WordPress publishing platform
- SEO application to content is beneficial
- Photography and videography skills are beneficial
- Must have a fluent and natural feel for the English language
- Arabic, for research purposes, is highly advantageous
Send CV and writing samples to: Careers@cairowestmag.com and ManagingEditor@cairowestmag.com
Marketing Manager – Cairo Central Magazine
- Selling advertisement space primarily in Cairo Central Magazine, in addition to any of Cairo West Advertising’s other publications and digital platform.
- Compile lists of advertisers & descriptions of Cairo Central magazine’s profile, distribution lists & services.
- Negotiate contracts with clients to generate sales.
- Working with advertising & promotion managers to secure deals.
- Establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies to increase Cairo Central Magazine’s exposure.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote the magazine.
- Performing administrative tasks such as sending client information to the Marketing assistants to be added to the database.
- Maintaining Cairo Central’s ad lists & processing paperwork regarding contracts.
- Updating and optimizing databases with marketing assistants to ensure premium reach to established and potential clients.
- Coordinating work with the editorial team & graphic designers to make sure that all ads are included and well placed.
- Resolving conflicts, handling complaints and negotiating with others.
- Attending events to create contacts and to contribute to social media coverage.
- Secure media sponsorships for Cairo Central and attend key events to ensure sponsorships run smoothly.
- Personalize the general call for advertising to be emailed at the beginning of the month – max by the 5th – to Cairo Central’s database.
- After magazine has gone to print, attend and work with distribution messengers to follow up and ensure distribution to new addresses and clients.
Send CV to: Careers@cairowestmag.com